10 Tips for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) - Advice from a Respiratory Physician
In this video, Dr Thomas Pulimood, a Consultant Respiratory Physician who works at my hospital (West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds), shares 10 things that we can be doing to help combat the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
02:32 - Be prepared, don’t panic
03:01 - Follow high command
03:29 - Social distancing saves lives
04:21 - Protect our vulnerable
05:30 - Self-isolate as necessary
06:26 - Stay healthy
06:57 - Wash your hands
07:35 - Stop smoking
08:30 - Avoid comparisons
09:30 - A message to young people
???? Sign up to my weekly email newsletter -
???? My website / blog -
????My weekly podcast -
???? Instagram -
???? Twitter -
???? Twitch -
????My favourite iPad Screen Protector - Paperlike -
???? Where I get my music from (amazing for YouTubers) -
???? My YouTube Camera Gear -
Who am I:
I'm Ali, a junior doctor working in Cambridge, UK. I make videos about medicine, technology, productivity and lifestyle design. I also have a weekly podcast with my brother ( and I write a weekly email newsletter that contains some quick thoughts + links to interesting things (
???? My website / blog -
Coronavirus Epidemic Update 25: Vaccine Developments, Italy's Response, and Mortality Rate Trends
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update 25 with Dr. Seheult of
The confirmed novel coronavirus cases in Italy continue to climb as the new cases in China appear to be leveling off some. Interesting new vaccine development techniques are underway for SARS-CoV2 / COVID-19.
PLEASE NOTE: This video was recorded on February 25, 2020. Our more recent COVID-19 updates can be accessed free at our website or here on YouTube:
We've produced each COVID-19 video with the best information we could access at the time of recording. Naturally, some videos will contain information that has become outdated or replaced by better information or research.
That said, we believe each video contains concepts that have enduring value and reviewing how the response to COVID-19 has progressed over time may be of interest to you as well.
See our first 24 videos on the novel coronavirus outbreak that started in Wuhan, China:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 24: Infections in Italy, Transmissibility, COVID-19 Symptoms:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 23: Infections in Kids & Pregnancy, South Korea, Spillover From Bats:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 22: Spread Without Symptoms, Cruise Quarantine, Asymptomatic Testing:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 21: Antibodies, Case Fatality, Clinical Recommendations, 2nd Infections?:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 20: Misinformation Spread, Infection Severity, Cruise Ship, Origins:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 19: Treatment and Medication Clinical Trials:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 18: Cellphone Tracking, Increase in Hospitalizations, More Sleep Tips:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 17: Spike in Confirmed Cases, Fighting Infections with Sleep (COVID-19):
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 16: Strengthening Your Immune Response to Viral Infections (COVID-19):
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 15: Underreporting, Prevention, 24 Day Incubation? (COVID19)
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 14: Hospital spread of infection, WHO allowed in China, N-95 masks:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 13: Li Wenliang, nCoV vs Influenza, Dip in Daily Cases, Spread to Canada:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 12: Unsupported Theories, Pneumonia, ACE2 & nCoV:
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 11: Antiviral Drugs, Treatment Trials for nCoV (Remdesivir, Chloroquine):
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 10: New Studies, Transmission, Spread from Wuhan, Prevention (2019-nCoV):
- Coronavirus Epidemic Update 9: Fecal-Oral Transmission, Recovery vs Death Rate:
- Coronavirus Outbreak Update 8: Travel Ban, Spread Outside of China, Quarantine, & MRSA:
- How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment:
LINKS for references from this video:
Speaker: Roger Seheult, MD
Clinical and Exam Preparation Instructor
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
MedCram.com has videos on the 2019 novel coronavirus in china, 2019 ncov, coronavirus California, coronavirus prevention, coronavirus misinformation, antiviral drugs, wuhan virus outbreak, 武汉 肺炎, CDC, infectious disease, corona virus updates, severe influenza infections, immune system explained. Please check out our lectures on COVID-19, MERS, SARS, infectious diseases, sleep hygiene, Wuhan coronavirus, sleep apnea, and world health organization.
Visit our Website!
Produced by Kyle Allred, PA
Please Note: MedCram medical videos, medical lectures, medical illustrations, and medical animations are for medical education and exam preparation purposes, and not intended to replace recommendations by your doctor or health care provider.
#Coronavirus #COVID19 #SARSCoV2