Overcoming Fiberglass Insulation's 3 MAIN PROBLEMS
- A quick informative video with information every homeowner needs to know about fiberglass insulation and R-Value.
Fiberglass Health & Safety
Have you ever heard that fiber glass insulation in air handling systems can be hazardous to the health of building occupants? This isn’t a new concept, but it seems that rumors and misconceptions may still be causing some confusion around what is settled science.
We’re here to help dispel any myths, rumors, and misconceptions about fiber glass by delivering the hard facts about the safety of fiber glass used in air handling systems and whether it poses any respiratory health hazard to building occupants.
Join Bruce Ray, JM’s Associate General Counsel for Regulatory and Governmental Affairs, as he breaks down decades of glass fiber research and study in his live webinar, The Health and Safety of Fiber Glass.
Some key Concepts will include:
• History and results of research on fiber glass insulation hazards
• Fiber glass hazard classifications
• Fiber glass exposure levels (indoor and outdoor)
• Product stewardship programs
How to Install Batt Insulation (2/3): Insulating Tips from the Pros
- Want to see what a high quality fiber glass, rock wool, or slag wool batt insulation job looks like? Watch award winning and professional insulation contractors demonstrate how to install fiber glass and rock wool batt insulation in all areas of an energy efficient home. Details such as job staging, batt cutting and sizing, installing insulation to meet R-values and building codes, and PPE recommendations are also addressed.
Removing Old Fiberglass Insulation
Before Dolphin can install new Cellulose insulation in your home, we may need to remove old Fiberglass Insulation. In this video you see Tom, one of our installers, explain how he removes your old fiberglass insulation. To learn more about Dolphin Insulation go to
CertainTeed Fiberglass Insulation
How to remove fiberglass infection from skin. Stop the itch from fiberglass in skin
This video shows how to remove fiberglass from your skin if you have a fiberglass infection from working with insulation or other construction material containing fiberglass
Insulation Facts Health & Safety Information About Fiber Glass Insulation
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for installing batt insulation
This clip shows the proper clothes and other protective equipment to be worn when installing batt insulation.
Insulation Part 2: Fibreglass Insulation... Why not?
I discuss various aspects of living in a van and building a comfortable interior to live in.
How To Install Batt Insulation (3/3): Fiber Glass & Rock Wool Batt Insulation Inspection (rev)
- Answers the question: How do I install insulation? Homes insulated with fiber glass, rock wool and slag wool batt insulation can meet RESNET Grade 1 insulation criteria when installed with professionalism and care. Walk with Brian Coble, Director of High Performance Homes for Advanced Energy, as he performs a detailed insulation inspection in an ENERGY STAR home. Issues such as batt insulation compression, vapor retarder facings, insulating around light fixtures, pipes, electrical wires, outlets, intricate framing areas, cantilevers, bay windows, corner cavities, band joists, knee walls, attic platforms, soffit dams and baffles, showers and tubs, and much more are covered.
How to Cut Fiberglass Insulation
Watch how easily the Slice® Industrial Knives cut through fiberglass insulation. These four-inch blades were designed by customer request. What safer tools do you need?
Fiberglass Insulation Materials & Safety
Blown cellulose versus fiberglass insulation Part 1
Home inspector compares between blown cellulose and fiberglass insulation for safety, fire, efficiency, and lifespan.
The Big Burn The Truth About Cellulose Insulation
DIY removal of 30 year old fibre glass itchy insulation batts from a roof Full PPE and mask but yo
How much Insulation Do I Need? Expert advice.
Matt and Steve Baczek talk about how much insulation is the RIGHT amount in your build with a Building Science R-Value Chart!
More on this BULD in previous episode with Steve -
Steve Baczek -
Zip System R-sheathing -
Building Science Corp Zeroing In -
The Build Show store on Amazon has all Matt's Favorite Tools and Books -
Why you should choose fiberglass insulation vs. cellulose insulation
Using fiberglass insulation is easy, and unlike cellulose, it doesn’t leave as much dust. See for yourself in this video. Learn all the ways Owens Corning PINK® FIBERGLAS® Insulation delivers higher value than cellulose, with a focus on performance, fire safety, and code compliance.
To learn more about Owens Corning’s insulation products and solutions, visit
Subscribe to get notified when new Owens Corning videos are posted:
Like us on Facebook to stay up to date on how we #OCBuildBetter:
Fiberglass Insulation Installation
Roxul Insulation & Fiberglass - Fire-Resistance Comparison
This test was conducted with the involvement of fire department officials to compare the fire-resistance of Roxul stone wool insulation with conventional fiberglass insulation. The results are compelling.
How to remove fibreglass from your skin in less than two minutes *
*Please NOTE : Its up to you.what you do ....but this is purely what Ive done with great success , If your body has a lot of fibres , i recommend seeing a doctor to get medical advice if the problem is severe, best wishes and good luck regards Phil
its up to you what you do but this is purely what Ive done with great success , If your body has a lot of fibres , i recomend seeing a doctor to get medical advice if the problem is severe, best wishes and good luck regards Phil
This is just a suggestion as to one way of dealing with fibreglass in the skin... its up to you what you do, but this is what Ive done with great success , If your body has a lot of fibres , i recommend seeing a doctor to get medical advice if the problem is severe, best wishes and good luck regards Phil
Its up to you what you do ...but this is purely what Ive done with great success , If your body has a lot of fibres , i recommend seeing a doctor to get medical advice if the problem is severe, best wishes and good luck regards Phil